Saturday, December 18, 2010

Lemon Drops For Your Forgiveness: A Delicious Apology

And so I'm back, from outerspace, I just signed in to find you there with that blank look upon your face; not one post in 36 days, my blog thinks I'm MIA, but I'm back, yeah, yeah, I'm back, hey ya heyyyyyy!

Okay, sorry, that was torture, I know, but what the hey, man?!?!?!?! Has it really been 36 days since I last shared the madness??? How did that happen, where does the time go?
Buggie is 15 1/2 months old now, in the blink of an eye, do you hear me people, THE BLINK OF AN EYE!!!  My life is just zipping, zooming by, quick, fast and in a hurry, no time for this, no time for that with no consideration for what I want.  No one asked me if I cared that my days would turn into lightning strikes in the sands of the hour glass that is my life.  Why do I not get a say?

Anyway, how does one apologize to the blog world for not being around AT ALL in a VERY LONG TIME?!?!? 

Share an AWESOME COOKIE RECIPE, that's how!

I just baked some wonderful Christmas goodies to share as small tokens of the love that I have for my peeps.  I so want to do something for all of the people in my life that I love and that I wish I could spend more time with.  There really just isn't a feasible way to do that right now.  I can, however, bake some yummy goodness to share and hope that the love I put into it is enjoyed in every tasty morsel! (mush much?)  And share the recipe with you all so that you can be a part of the goodness, too!

These LEMON DROP cookies were a SMASH !!! 
I even heard some one thought they might have been store bought!  That is super cool!!!  I have to thank my Step-Mom for this fantastic recipe and the 'kick in the pants' I needed to get the baking started.  Thanks Grammy, you rock!!! 

Try these out as last minute gifts or to serve on Christmas Eve or just to enjoy when sprawled out on your couch watching Fantasy Factory =)
(Rob & Big and Fantasy Factory marathons on lately - LOVE IT!!!)



Happy Day to you all!  Enjoy yourselves and don't sweat the small stuff...small stuff causes crows feet and you don't want that, do you???  Yeah, that's what I thought!  Love you!!!

PEACE
LOVE
&
YUMMY YUMMY LEMON DROPS !!!

A


(Soft) Lemon Drops
makes 3-4 dozen (depending on size) ((obviously)) ;)

Ingredients
Cookie
1 cup sugar
½ cup butter, softened
¼ cup half & half
2 eggs
2 tsp grated lemon peel
½ tsp lemon extract
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt

Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
1 to 2 tsp lemon juice


1.   Heat oven to 350°F.  Combine sugar and butter in large bowl.  Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.  Add half & half, eggs, lemon peel and lemon extract; continue beating until well mixed.  Reduce speed to low, add flour, baking powder and salt.  Beat until well mixed.
*** When baking cookies, I always (unless the recipe specifically states otherwise) cream the butter and sugar together for quite some time until the mixture is creamy and almost ‘fluffy’ – it can’t really be “fluffy” but you get the idea, I think.  Then I add the eggs, one at a time, blending very well after each addition.  I also combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and then fold or slowly mix it into the ‘wet’ ingredients that have been completely blended. 
2.   Drop dough by rounded teaspoonful’s 2 inches apart onto greased (or parchment lined) cookie sheets.  Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.  Cool completely.

3.   Combine powdered sugar and enough lemon juice for desired glazing consistency in small bowl.  Glaze cooled cookies.

I of course got not a single picture of these things.  They went too fast!  I plan to make more very soon so I will update with a picture as soon as that happens.  They are a cute, little, soft yellow cookie with a scone like consistency.  They are only mildly lemon and mildly sweet.  They are perfect as a sweet treat after dinner or with your hot tea (or coffee for you bean heads tehee) ;)
   They are simply AWESOME !!!

If there is any one out there reading this that enjoyed the lemon cookies please leave a comment about their yummy goodness for others to see.  Thank you!!!

I know that doesn't make up for 36 days of absence but I do hope you forgive me and ask that you bare with me as we sk8 through the holidays...literally! 
We are back in the 70's now (yeehaw) so we might be out sk8ing in the street tomorrow (provided the endless rain we had today has decided to cease).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would totally love to hear from you!